I'm Brian Kihoon Lee (한글: 이기훈; 漢字: 李基薰).
I'm currently a research engineer / tech lead at Google Brain.
- (2019) I'm a TL for a team working on machine learning for chemistry [Paper].
- (2018) I worked on productionizing AutoGraph, a Python compiler featured in TensorFlow 2. As a byproduct of this work, I wrote Effective TF 2 and the official tf.function guide.
- (2017) I implemented all of the Python bits of MiniGo (a replication of AlphaGoZero) based on work I'd done in MuGo.
- (2016) I implemented MuGo, a partial replication of AlphaGo, as a starter project in machine learning.
- (2012) I started and ran the Collegiate Go League, a competitive league for college Go clubs.
- (2012) I created ChemWOOT, a course to prepare students for the USNCO and IChO, and taught hundreds of students in conjunction with Art of Problem Solving Inc.
- (2010-12) I mentored students at the USNCO Study Camp in 2010-2012
- (2007) I won a silver medal at the 2007 IChO in Moscow, Russia.